Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Back to Square One

It was Sunday. My long run days. I took the route around my hood. I knew it would be hot and the hills were steap but I needed a soul cleansing for that is my church. It was definitely a sight with the amount of sweat seeping from my pores...woo wee

Here I was running down the street, watching cars go by in their Sunday best. Running by churches, fields, Wal Greens, houses...everything.. thinking to myself how DIFFERENT my life is just from one year ago.

* One of the church signs I passed caught my attention. It said "word of the week:compassion" I stopped an shot a picture of it. I felt like with all the the tragedy that is happening all around us...YES. We should all show compassion to one another. It has been my word of the week and I challenge you to make it YOURS too.*

Back to where I was .....I was in Dallas a year ago...eating meat (now vegetarian) running at my favorite spot. White Rock Lake. I loved it. The air, the water, the boats and especially the sunrises and sunsets. It was like food for my soul running there and it ALWAYS cleared my mind.

I still haven't found a spot here that I feel that way yet. I definitely felt soul awakening on Sunday because I thought here I am...back where I started..back where I am from. I am a firm believer in things happen for a reason. I believe your life's plan is mapped out. Yes, we take detours but what is supposed to happen does even if it hurts. I believe that people come in to your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

It is wild. It seemed like when I moved to Dallas in 2002 that I was starting a new chapter in my life. I was back reunited with my sister and my husbands family is primarily down there. I did start a new chapter there. I did start a family.  I made some amazing friends over the years there that I miss incredibly much.

my sister and I when she visited me in June

On the other side of this, I am reunited with many many old friends I have not seen in years. It wonderful knowing that they are only a phone call away.

So friends, I say that it is time. It is time to write the book I always said I would write. I have written columns and product reviews for magazines. I found that fun and I enjoyed but I know that I more to say and definitely more to share. Many of my long time friends would agree...

So I on my run Sunday I decided I would begin my dream and make it happen...I find it only necessary that I am back to square one because I feel like I am going to have a chapter or two or three just from being back...
I can already tell by the people I have run into since I have been back.

Getting ready for the adventure... because I am ready to relive some of most wonderful, crazy, happy and sad times in one collection. Of course names will be changed to protect them.

Happy Tuesday! Happy National Tequila Day *drink up

CHEERS friends!!!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Good luck finding your happy running route and enjoy the journey of writing your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh exciting!!! What kind of book exactly will you be writing??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Article.Thanks for sharing your experience with us.And best wishes for writing your book.
    roller skate

    ReplyDelete