Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Amongst The Waves

If you understand my blog title post than we should be closer friends already....


Life after the marathon....


I have to say different. I have not run since the marathon. It is crazy that my life has been so busy. Don't get me wrong it is always busy especially since I juggle my schedule around a toddler and her schedule! BUT I really put running 1st for so long... I miss it.


The winter and it getting darker earlier plays a huge factor and me not just grabbing my shoes and heading out to run as soon as my husband walks in the door. That would be an ideal scenario but just doesn't fly if I don't have my run partner with me.


I know what you are thinking...go get on a treadmill. NOPE. I don't enjoy it at all. I only did it 2 times in my entire year this year  and that was because it was my only option.


My reflection today is running and the hold it now has on me.


I am now planning to go back to work (after taking time off for my little girl)  and in my mind I think should I go ahead and plan what runs I want now before I go interview? I feel committed and for once it isn't one that scares me.

1 comment:

  1. Like plan what races you want to do in 2012?? What are you thinking about doing? =) Love the commitment! Running buddies for LIFE =)

    ReplyDelete