Saturday, December 24, 2011

Jenny

Today my heart is heavy as I remember by dear friend from college that was lost suddenly and tragically a year ago today. She left behind a beautiful daughter Emily Grace.


I miss her and think of her often. Today I hold my angel just a little tighter today reminded of how we are never promised tomorrow and must always treasure what the time we are given today.


Here is a poem I wrote for her daughter's keepsake book that friends of hers put together.


Miss you Jenny.


JENNY


I got the call on Christmas morning, saying you had gone away
My eyes welled up with tears and chills ran down my spine
For now I know what I took for granted was time

Your smile could light up a room
Your laugh would heal anyone’s wound
You always listened and had the right thing to say
I look forward to reuniting with you some day

You are someone I will never forget
Tears fall endlessly down my cheek
I close my eyes and see your beautiful face
Though I know you are resting in peaceful place

Thank you for being my friend
For I know the love I have you will never end.

1 comment: