Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hippy Hippy Shake....Literally

Today was my first go at trying something new. I had always used Whey protein for my shakes. I recently read how Hemp protein is more natural, no chemicals and prevents your body from bloating unlike the others.

I don't know about you but when I think hemp I think necklaces, tie dye, and joints. Call me old fashioned....I suppose.
I was nervous about the taste because everything I read also said it was an acquired taste. I knew the color might through me off...puke green but I was still willing to give it a go.

As I mentioned before, I am now a vegetarian. This was a recent decision that I started the new year off with and so far so good. I find it difficult on a road trip as I recapped earlier but other than that smooth sailing.

I am cutting dairy out as much as possible. I am not ready to go full vegan although I will be eating like one probably 85-90% of the time. Almond Milk is a beautiful alternative.

I am loving finding new recipes and creating some as well as this new protein that I just tried. I have to say I liked it. It didn't have a strange taste at all. The container suggests using Almond Milk (which I love) and a banana. All I could taste really was the banana and because Almond Milk is so tasty and think it was a great shake! I just got 15 grams of protein! Woo wee


I am going to recommend it. I will be making one of my green machine juices this afternoon. I am really on this health kick. I like the way it makes me feel and knowing I am "repairing" my body on the inside is a beautiful thing.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Where do ya buy hemp protein from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it at the Vitaman Shoppe but I am sure maybe GNC or Whole Foods may have it.

    ReplyDelete