Wednesday, January 4, 2012

And so it begins...

Happy 2012 all!

   I ended my 2011 feeling really good about myself!Mainly because of the marathon I finished!
 I actually wasn't trying to find a new fad diet for once or have anxiety about thinking about how quickly summer will come (bathing suit season). Yee haw I love SUMMER TIME!

Becoming a runner, came with a new lifestyle.
 I have maintained a solid weight and of course I want more to drop off...I am female! Few of my fellow running buddies had suggested some documentaries for me to check out. Fat Sick & Nearly Dead and Forks Over Knives...actually some others too that I still plan to check out.

The two I watched, that are listed above, have changed me. I don't want to give all the details away because I really want you to watch them if you have not already. I just want to say it is to your benefit that you do. I am not saying it is the "healthy bible" but to me it is.

Today is day 1 of my juice fast. This was inspired by Fat Sick & Nearly Dead. I will say today has been tough. I do feel really hungry and find myself almost slapping my hand when I pass the pantry or fridge.

I have had 3 shakes aka juice blends. ( you must have 4 16-20oz a day) 

 The first is the original recipe from the film that has kale, cucumber, celery, green apples, ginger root and lemon. That was very drinkable and I was pleasantly surprised.
Shake 2 consisted of spinach, parsley, golden delicious apples, cucumber and lemon.This was very yummy. This might become my morning juice because the taste of the apples was great!

I think I felt a little too confident when I approached shake 3.  I mixed spinach, celery, cucumber,cilantro, ginger, lemon and blueberries.NOT a home run. YUCK. I will stick to the other recipes I got.

Most of the bases are kale or spinach and have cucumbers! I love cucumbers and they seem to have lots of juice.

I am ending today with one more blend. Not sure if I will do a repeat or try a new one listed. I know tomorrow I will make it in bulk because the sound scares my daughter (the juicer) haha and cleaning it multiple times a day is not soothing especially when I am dreaming of food.

They mentioned that the first 2 days would be tough. I imagine. Because I do feel REALLY hungry. I am drinking lots of water too.

Lots of people thought I would be taking multiple shadoobies (*craps) all day but not the case. I just have been peeing. I know you wanted to know this!

Right now, I am excited to see how I feel at the end. I know in just a couple of days it will be no sweat! I must be strong and push on! I CAN DO THIS....

2 comments:

  1. Good job, lady! Glad we get to follow along with you on here! I've only gone as far as adding Fat Sick & Nearly Dead to my Netflix queue! Hope you at least took one shadoobie yesterday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I def did have a shadoobie..but just a regular one like I always do. No increase so far or gas.

    ReplyDelete