Tuesday, January 31, 2012

View from the top

On Saturday, I climbed 52 flights of stairs to show my support on the fight on cancer.

My friend from college is a two time survivor of Leukemia.  Her company she works for was the chair this year. I am happy to report this event raised a little over $100,000!

I really didn't know how it would go or  how hard it would be. Even the firefighters go up in FULL gear!

They let you up one by one and there are different time slots so the stairs aren't over crowded. My goal was to finish. I told myself I wasn't worried about time. After all, this wasn't running..... an entirely different ball game.

I finished under 15 minutes! I cannot believe it. I thought at first it was around 20 but we got chip times back! And honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I actually thought at times I could of gone faster but I was staying along with my sis.

Up the stair walls, you see many different posters. Some saying climbing for ........ and some that have lost their battle. ALL of it is pure inspiration because you know why you are doing what you are doing.

That brings me to today. One of my friends from junior high/high school is trying to FIGHT cancer! She was diagnosed with oral cancer last year. Today she has a chest scan that will determine if this is unbeatable.  She asked for prayers. Lots of prayers. She is a mother, wife, sister, and friend to so many. Please take a moment and say a prayer for Kendra. I can't even imagine being in her shoes.

We must all be grateful for each day we are given. WE must give life all we got. And continue to support and raise awareness to #beatcancer

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. You go girl, I climb 12 flights every day to my office... never climbed 52 flights before. I don't even thing there is a 52 story building here in Cape Town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support! It was a great experience!

    ReplyDelete