Friday, January 27, 2012

Making a Difference

If you lived on the 52nd floor of your building or worked on the 52nd floor would you take the stairs?

I am sure many of you or probably all of you would say NO. This is why we have elevators right?

I am climbing 52 flights of stairs tomorrow. Why you ask? Because my friend is a survivor. She has survived not once but two times her battle with Leukemia.

I figure if she can survive this than I can climb it...right!

It reminds me of when I was running my marathon. I remember seeing those in wheelchairs who wanted to be a part of the race. It almost brought me to tears but that only gave me the push I needed because their determination and will is just as strong if not stronger.

Yesterday I received an e-mail from my editor. He said that my January article moved him.* Please see previous post for article information* I felt so good hearing that if I inspired one person than to me that is what it is about.

The concept of paying it forward. I am challenging you to do so today. Give a compliment, smile at a stranger, let someone in your lane...do something that could brighten someones day.

CHEERS Happy Friday!

And if you can help at all I would like to ask for your help in raising awareness to this horrible disease..#beatcancer Even $5 can help!

Visit my fundraising
page at http://ntx.bigdclimb.llsevent.org/emmyratcliff

No comments:

Post a Comment